Friday, August 15, 2008

A whole year!

Hello...this is my blog anniversary post, I have now been blogging for a whole year!! I was hoping to show you some photos of the meteor shower the other night, but I couldn't catch any, actually, we didn't see that many as it was a bit cloudy. I woke my eldest daughter up as requested, my son would not wake up despite insisting he wanted to!
I can tell you that my littlest daughter found a snake egg in the garden the other day, with a little hole in for the escape route made by the baby snake with it's "egg tooth" I have to own up that despite telling the children not to touch it in case it breaks, as soon as I had took the photo, it blew out of my hand & broke in half on the ground...whoops!I haven't seen a live snake in our garden, yet, so I was most put out when my daughters friend arrives yesterday morning,& within 5 minutes, she has seen one down by the swings!!!!! in the words of a 10 year old.."It's so not fair!"
snake egg

I must also tell you about my cake disaster!

I have made this lemon loaf before, so it's not as if I didn't know what I was doing, but as you can see, it didn't exactly turn out as it says in the book-funny thing was it burned all on the outside but was really tasty in the middle!!! I think it may have had something to do with not lining the tin, but I never do if I can just grease it!-perhaps I should next time though!
recipe

Todays happy thought:-Love, honour & negotiate!

No comments: