Friday, August 21, 2009

Brushing off the sand...

I've still got sand in my shoes & a few mosquito bites, but my holiday in Portugal is well & truly over :( but it was lovely, we stayed in a very luxurious villa with it's own pool so I could get up & have a swim before anyone else got up...it was fab ☼

We stayed in a gorgeous little fishing village in the Algarve called Alvor, my family have been holidaying there for many years although it is fourteen years since I have visited myself, giving up work to look after children tends to have that effect on trips abroad! It filled me with inspiration to create, the harbour, fishing boats, the sea, the food- mmmm the smells of the fresh fish being barbecued outside the restaurant is delicious.....

My eldest daughter & I went out to sea on a boat to look at dolphins, we saw loads she loved it, her face was beaming the whole time ☺


One thing I did learn was that dolhins are fast, not easy to catch on film, the best thing to do is guess were you think they are going to leap & point the camera there, I have got an awful lot of pictures of "where a dolphin just was"! ...please also forgive the ameteurish-ness of the video, I have never used a video camera!











It was so good being that far from the shore, so peaceful, we didn't want to come back in!

Todays happy thought.-Portugal..aaaaah!

3 comments:

Jo Raines said...

Oh, it looks so beautiful and I know you had a wonderful time! We only got to go to the beach, our Myrtle Beach here on the South Carolina coast, for spring break. But it was nice. We used to see the dolphins come in close when we went to Port St. Joe, Florida when the ocean was very calm.

Jody
Mini Leaps and Bounds

Tiny Delights said...

It´s my country :) I`m from Lisbon, but I spend my Hollidays in Algarve.

Sam said...

Your country is beautiful Tiny delights, I love it there, my cousin is at Uni in Lisbon!